Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Week One Hundred and One




I refuse to write a crazy epic letter until it’s all over haha. Wait a week.

This week was an amazing week! We had some huge highlights and we were very blessed. First blessing of the week was being able to participate in the baptism of Pablo! We’ve been working on him and his family and were able to reactivate his sister and are in the process of reactivating his grandma. It was super cool because we found Pablo on our first day as companions and we never expected that we would be so blessed as to see him be baptized together.

Also I think one of the cool highlights of the week was eating armadillo. It kind of tastes like a mix of fish and chicken. It was super awesome haha.

Also funny story of the week was insane....
So Thursday night we had a baptismal interview for Pablo and the zls came over to give the interview and we ended up going over to Jackie, our investigator who will be baptized next weeks house and eating armadillo. Well, they have this dog that my companion named Murcialaga (English translation: bat) and loves dearly that we always play with. That night when we headed home the dog followed us outside to say good bye I guess. It was kind of funny haha. But to our surprise the dog followed us all the way to our house!! We kept trying to run it back to it’s house and we kept telling it to go away but it followed us to our house walking like 20 minutes away. So we called the sister and she couldn’t come get her dog and we didn’t want it to get lost so we let it into the apartment building and just waited till the next day to bring it back. It was pretty crazy haha.

I just gotta say that I’m very grateful for the mission and for all of the crazy experiences that I have had over the last two years. I’ve learned so much from every person that I have been blessed to know and honestly thank God for every minute of this experience. Looking towards the future I feel really excited, I feel really nervous, but I feel ready to continue and apply the things that the Lord has mercifully taught me over these two years. I still remember my first thoughts when I came to Mexico, I remember the things that were difficult to me, including the language and the culture, and I think of now and I can see how much I have been able to progress. I love the mission. These really have been the best two years of and for my life and I testify to you all that there is no better feeling than looking back over these two years with no regrets. I’ve learned to follow the spirit, and I’ve learned to serve and love others.

But yeah.

Love you guys.

The church is true.


Elder Clifford





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.