Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Week Ninety Six





All is well here in Zihua. Today was transfers. I will be ending off my mission here with Elder Herrmann. Super stoked and super excited to keep up the good work.

This week we had a really spiritual experience. Around Monday or Tuesday we went to meet with a less active sister who lives on top of this super huge mountain here in Zihua. Anybody whose ever seen pictures of this place can imagine that scene. Just two white guys in church clothes sweating at the bottom of a huge outside trail looking towards the top. Haha, we just looked at each other laughed and started slowly making our way up. Well, as we started up the mountain, it was pretty hard.  It was probably a solid 20 minute climb, and we debated if it would be better to just come back another day when it wasn't so hot and we weren't so tired. It's hot outside, we're just soaked in sweat, I swear that the freaking dogs that just roam the streets are eyeing us for their meal of the day. Well, we decided and felt that we needed to go see this sister and we climbed all the way to the top. 10 more minutes pass by and we finish off basically crawling over the last stair. We regained our energies and panted for a solid 2 and a half minutes and went to knock on the sister's door. She lives in this little wooden house on a cliff side so that in itself was another mini adventure but we got there and long story short we found out that their son had been kidnapped this last week! Definitely not expecting to hear that. We took the decision to teach them about faith and we had a good lesson. As we ended the lesson, the sister asked me to say a prayer and I don't know why or how, but I felt the incredible prompting that I should pray that her son would come back safe and sound. As the words left my mouth I felt like a total idiot because I don't know, whenever people disappear here in Mexico, it's very likely that they never show up again. So yeah, I said that somehow and ended the prayer. I was nervous to do that because obviously it was a really rough situation, but I did it. We ended the lesson and walked on over to another appointment and the rest of the week went on as normal. Well, two days ago when we went back to see her.  She was super happy to see us and she came out beaming because her son had been recovered! It was definitely a miracle. She now wants her two youngest children to get out to church and take the lessons and be baptized. It was a great experience. We learned faith.

Other than that all is well. I love my new companion! We get along super well and we've had a ton of fun and a ton of great experiences over the last week and a half. I can't wait to see how these next 6 weeks go. 

So yeah. Have a good week, do good stuff and all that.

I will be ponderizing Matthew 25:40. Really great scripture.

Stay gold ponyboy,

Elder Clifford






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.