Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Week Ninety One



Elder Clifford and his new companion Elder Blanquel


Hey family! 

Not much going on here but I wanted to write a good letter because I haven't done so in a while. Lazaro is super cool! I used to not believe all the stuff I heard about it but its almost all pretty true. It's super hot, and we're not even into the hottest part of the year yet, and there is fruit all over the place. Every fruit grows here. I see mango and coconut trees, and almond trees all over the roads that I am walking. There are tons of dirt roads, and that's saying something because I am one of the blessed missionaries working kind of close to the town center! You can just pick a mango off a tree while you are walking and eat it if you want! I also saw a lot of iguanas and geckos and all kinds of lizards and animals like that this week. I have heard that we eat iguana here but I haven't gotten to try it yet. 

Other than that all is well. Just spending the whole day drinking water and sweating. My new companion is named Elder Blanquel, he is from Mexico City and he's new but he is doing his best to help open this area up. There is not a lot of leadership down here, but I love every one of the members that I have met so far. They are all super excited to have us here and they have helped us more than I ever imagined that they would. 

This week I learned a lot about humility. There are times when we think that we are humble. But then we are taught that we are not as humble as we thought. I learned a lot about it this week and I wish that I could explain it better, but for this reason that will be the focus of my weekly studies. Have a good week I love you guys!

Elder Clifford

I lost my cameras memory card and all of my pictures so I have no pictures this week.


(Luckily Hermana Egginton posted pictures on the mission facebook page so we have some pictures!  And yes, since his camera was robbed last year and he lost 800 pictures and now has lost his memory card and lost 600 new pictures that means he will have very few visual memories of his mission.  Thank goodness the memories in his heart will never fade.)

 Elders Clifford, Lavery and Dance with their new companions at training in Guadalajara.



 Elder Clifford and Elder Lavery

 The Elders are NOT photobombing the Hermana's!!



 Learning from Presidente Egginton





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.