Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Week Ninety Five


(No pictures this week so I found some pictures online so everyone could see the beautiful area he is living in.)

I hope that all is well in the Clifford home this week. 

So I had some special changes again. I got a phone call on Wednesday morning saying to pack my bags because they needed me in Zihuatanejo and well, here I am. I have to say that it is a really beautiful area and I have been really blessed with the opportunity to work here. I'm still not quite sure that I will end my mission here, but I am hoping that that will be the case. Zihuatanejo is a little beach town, around 10 minutes away from Ixtapa, and it is super beautiful here. You can see the ocean from our house and its always really cool and fresh. Also a super awesome bit of news is that my new companion is another American!! Finally haha. 22 months later and I finally have my first american companion. His name is Elder Herrmann. He is from Utah. We've gotten along really well so far and we are looking forward to having a great time together for our next change. Around half our ward works in Ixtapa so we are down there working once or twice a week. Its super weird to see American tourists all over the place, but its an advantage because we both speak English and the contacts are made a lot more easily. 

A cool spiritual experience we had this week happened on Friday. We barely had a day working together and we were able to go work with the ward mission leader. We went to the house of a less active sister and we started to teach her. She was super happy to see us! We began to teach the lesson and we were super amazed that she was less active! She knows a ton and she has a seemingly great testimony. Well, we started talking and we had the impression to ask if she had any neighbors or friends that could listen to that very lesson. It was kind of weird actually, just like 10 minutes in we felt like we should do it. So we asked her and she was like, Well just my little brother, I dont know if you want to teach him? We said yes and we invited him and it was awesome! He's 9 years old and the first thing that he told us is that he wanted to be baptized and that he's wanted to go to church for the last few months! Well we taught them, extended a few commitments and left, completely amazed by what had just happened. Well, it was even more surprising on Sunday when we got to the church and they were there sitting in the chapel 20 minutes early!! Needless to say, the Lord will always bless us! 

Other than that, life is great and I am super happy. I hope that you guys are all doing okay! Have a great week!!

Elder Clifford




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.