Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Week Eighty Five


(Thank you to Sister Egginton for sharing this picture on the mission facebook page!)



Hey everybody! Hope that you are all well and happy!!

I was doing lots of reflection this week. I do that sometimes haha. But I was thinking about the difference between past me and present me.​ Those of you that know me know that I've always been kind of a negativeish person. I'm more of a glass half empty kind of guy. Well, way back in the day when I was still young. Ahem. I used to get pretty depressed pretty easily. Maybe it was just teenage hormones but after two years of talking with tons of people every day it seems to me that it still applies all over the place. There are tons of people that get super depressed and sad for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes it's decisions, sometimes it's circumstances, sometimes it's just life. Well, I was looking back on my mission and I realized that right now I am the happiest that I have ever been in my life. I am actually happy. The difference? It'll probably sound pretty cliche but its been for me, living the simple principles of the gospel. I never really used to do anything with real intent. I almost never read the scriptures and when I did it was usually for like some kind of crisis or something like that. Or I never really prayed correctly. I never used to kneel down, or really pray with real intent. And now, every day, I am testifying of these small and simple things that I have come to know. Just a few tiny things and my entire perspective on life is completely different. So I guess that's my invitation for this week. I don't care where you are at, or what you are doing or how old your are, live the simple principles of the gospel, and with time you will see the difference in your life. Maybe we are studying things that are too complex, maybe we are not studying with real intent, or maybe we are not studying at all. Those are all things that I have done at one time or another and now I know not to do them. Sorry for preaching. I want you guys to know that I love you and that for this reason, I invite you to do these things. 

But hey, that's the spiritual stuff for this week. Now for the funny story..

There I was standing in the street like always. Well I guess I wasn't standing but I was walking in the street like always. On that day I almost hadn't talked to anyone. Usually as missionaries we try to talk with random people throughout the day to see if they will be interested and all that stuff. Well, there I was walking and I hadn't talked to anyone and I saw this lady. She was walking pretty slow and I thought to myself, oh perfect this lady is totally gonna accept our message. I walked up to her and I said, Hey could I give you a card with a  picture of Jesus on it? Sure she said! And before I could get another word out a freaking car pulls up and without saying anything she got in the car and left. I was like what the heck just happened. But yeah pretty weird stuff. Also one time this lady told me that if I died in Mexico that the people that buried me would cut my eyes out and sell them because they are blue. Well that was some great everyday side conversation topic. But yeah. Stuff happens. 

Have a good week everyone!

Elder Clifford



"We had tacos this week."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.