Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Week Eighty




Good afternoon family! 

I hope that you have had a great week. 

This week I do not have very much to say. But I do have a few invitations..... I invite you to watch and discuss the talk called The Opportunity of a Lifetime by an Elder Waddell. (you can read that talk or watch it here)  It's a great a talk and I feel that it would be a great opportunity to discuss Caleb, Cameron and Carter's thoughts on serving missions. It's time to start preparing. In all honesty, something that is as important as serving a mission is preparing to serve a mission. Looking back, I wish that I had done a better job. That I had been less worldly. That I had studied more. But my mission has still had a wonderful impact on my life, and I know that my influence can help other people to experience the same. Invite my brothers to begin preparing for a mission. I will be here to give support. 

This week was a wonderful week. One experience that we had shows the importance of prayers of faith. We are currently teaching a family of golden investigators. I think I told the story recently, but they are a family of 6, and they are accepting the gospel at an amazing rate. They came to church this week, and the whole time I was praying that they would have a good experience, and that the ward would support and help them. Well, when they got to church, I decided to not worry about it and put it out of mind and focused on teaching. Well church went well and afterwards we taught them a lesson with our ward mission leader. They had a wonderful time and couldn't believe how great they had felt. The father of the family shared with us that he had prayed the day before and received an answer to his prayers. He was expecting some kind of crazy answer, but he didn't receive it. While he still knelt in prayer he could not doubt that he had received an answer of yes. It was a very humbling experience, and they are now fully committed. I think it is important that each of us experiences the same on a kind of regular basis. That we can discover and rediscover the simple truths of the gospel. I invite you all to pray to know that this church is true. I don't care if you've done it before. Just do it again. I know that you will receive an answer and that answer could just change your life and the lives of those that surround you. 

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Clifford


 We did a service project of painting.



 This is how we protect the pizza from cockroaches in the night time.



Giant lemons that a member brought from an orchard where he works.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.