Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week Eighty One





This week was awesome! 

A bunch of crazy stuff happened yesterday and I'm super excited to share it all with you guys. First off, before we went to church we passed by an investigators house so that we could bring her to church. When we got there she was out there waiting for us and ready to go. While we walked we talked, and she shared many things with us about her life and her family situation. Her mother is a less active member, and her father isn't around anymore. He doesn't care for her or for her sister and she told us that she doesn't see him as her father. I felt really sorry, but really grateful that I grew up in the family situation that I have. I can't imagine what my life would be if I didn't have the family that I have. She had a wonderful time at church and is planning on coming next week. 

Also, another family of investigators that we are teaching called us late Saturday night and said that they didn't know if they would be able to go to church yesterday because they had a trip to Morelia for their work. Well you can imagine the look of surprise that I had on my face when the entire family walked into the chapel. The father walked up to me smiling and said, we decided not to go because we feel that this is more important. After church we had a great lesson with them and they are now set on being baptized for the 12 of march. It was a really great experience. 

Other than that 2 less active members that we have been teaching came to church out of no where and at this point I was shocked to the point that I couldn't even speak. These people haven't gone to church in years and out of nowhere they just decided to go. If that had been my Sunday I would have been more than happy, but it doesn't stop there. 

On the way to the food appointment, I round the corner with my comp and the family that was going to give us food to eat, and right there at the end of the street was my best member friend from Acambaro, Josafat!! We saw each other and it was like what no way!! What are you doing here?? I guess his brother is getting married to the sister who gave us our meals daughter and the whole family came to visit. I couldn't believe that I was able to see them again after such a long time! It was definitely a great blessing for me and I couldn't believe that so much happened in one day. 

If there is anything I learn from this its just always work your hardest and be really grateful always and the blessings will come. Such a crazy day. 

Hope you all have a great week. Ill be looking for funny stories because I haven't shared one in a while!

Elder Clifford

Elder Clifford, Josafat and Elder Suarez


Elder Suarez hit the year mark!



Elder Clifford wrote "A dog pretty much died on my feet."  Hoping he's kidding!


 Taretan



Taretan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.