Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week Sixty Eight





Happy Monday. 

I hope that everyone is doing very well. This week was a pretty great week! Not really sure where to start so I'll talk a bit about my studies of D&C 121. For the past few months I've been trying to apply the principles of Christlike leadership that we find in verses 34 to 46. Honestly I'm not that great of a studyer, but I've been doing the best I can because I know that these things will help me my entire life, be it in future jobs, or my future family. One of the things I've always had a hard time with is humility and the other one is being able to correct incorrect behavior. I think a few months ago I must have been a mess with these things because I never once thought about either of those two things. As I've memorized and studied these scriptures I've recognized the importance of them both and tried to apply them. Luckily I am faced with situations that have to deal with these things on what seems like a daily basis. Something that I've learned on my mission, and that I want every future missionary, or even current missionary to know, is the importance of obedience. I'm a big believer. But just as important, is helping others to be obedient. If at any time, one of your companions tries to be disobedient, or a friend at school, or a sibling, or a parent, or anybody really, does something dishonest or against the commandments, you've gotta be brave enough to speak out. My first few changes I was terrible about letting my comps get away with breaking mission rules because I was way too afraid to say anything and wanted to avoid conflict. But it's better to have conflict than for someone to endanger their salvation. Not trying to say my comp or anyone I'm currently interacting with is disobedient, its just what has been in mind for some reason. 

We were blessed with the opportunity to baptize and confirm one of our investigators this week. He is super awesome and it has been humbling to teach him. 

I hope that everyone enjoys Thanksgiving. Its like my favorite holiday almost.

Elder Clifford









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.