Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Week Sixty Two




Hey, whats new! 

This week was kind of normal I guess. Nothing crazy happened but I guess that's kind of a relief. This week I spent a lot of time reflecting on all the problems that all of the people around me are experiencing. Probably not the best idea to focus on something negative, but still it was very interesting to try and see if I could come up with answers looking at it from my point of view. Sometimes I thought I found the answers to their problems very easily, other times I was as stumped as some of them were. It was humbling then, when I realized that the majority of my problems probably had unseen answers from my perspective, but could easily be solved by other people who think differently. As a result I've tried to be a lot more open and listen more at all times with everyone, because I realized that even if right now as a missionary I don't have any real problems, that I could still receive answers to the daily questions if I paid enough attention. I'm not really the best listener usually, but I've also tried to pay more attention when other people are speaking to me. Basically, as I paid more attention to what people were really telling me, and didn't just wait until it was my turn to talk, I understood more about them, what they are going through, their struggles even if they didn't mention them and I also received answers to the daily challenges that I and my investigators face with each day. It was a pretty good lesson. If anyone would like to learn a bit more about that, they could study "Listen" in chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel. 

But yeah, this week went pretty well. Hoping that things keep going well here in Rio Verde. Have a good week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.