Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week Sixty Three



Hey, greetings from Green River! 

Not much happening this week. I guess I'll share with you guys what we learned from Elder Durant of the General Sunday School Presidency this week. That was a crazy meeting. They spoke about teaching obviously, but what was most awesome for me was the way they taught us about teaching. We did tons of spontaneous activities that made us all realize that we should probably be more prepared or that we need to be a little bit more creative. In one of the activities he gave us 4 objects and a minute and a half to tie the objects to gospel principles and teach it as a lesson in under a minute. That was pretty awesome. It made me think. Can I tie anything to the gospel? If I'm in someones house and they bring up some problem they have, or they talk about something, can I take it and relate it to the gospel? If not, what do I need to change so that I can do so? I'm not saying that everyone should be able to. Everyone has their own strength's but I would certainly like to be able to teach like that. We also talked about the importance of questions and also about leaving homework so that people can keep on learning. It was all pretty awesome. But yeah just some stuff to think about. If you had to share the gospel with someone today, how would you do it? Would you feel nervous to do so? Would you feel confident? Have you studied the scriptures today? I've learned in my mission that the things I study in the morning literally come up later on in the day when investigators and members ask me questions. Its crazy how that works. But yeah. 

Have a good week everyone. Sorry that I have no pictures.
 
Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.