Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Week Fifty Two


The view on the hike to "Toad Lake"


This week rocked!

We’re getting back to the basics here in the last few weeks of my comps mission. We’ve been trying really hard to read and apply the things we’ve learned in chapter 1 of Preach My Gospel and we saw a ton of success. The most important thing being that we are loving our investigators.

I’ll share a spiritual experience of the week real quick. We were teaching at Liliana’s house Tuesday or Wednesday and we started talking about all this time that has passed and all of that she’s learned. It was just a really special moment for me when she started sharing stuff that she had learned in her personal scripture study, or an answer to her prayer that she had done just before going to bed, when she felt an affirmation that all of this is the truth and it’s the right direction for her. I realized that maybe I’m just the mouthpiece, and that God has done all of this through our visits, but that if I had never come to the mission, or that if I had come home, that none of this would of ever happened. That she never would have received this in her life, at least not right now or in this way. It’s something to definitely think about. Every decision that we make has huge consequences, and sometimes we just don’t ever realize how far they reach. So today I’m grateful that around a year ago I took the decision to come to the mission, because if I hadn’t, I have no idea how life would be for me, and I’m not sure how it would be different for many people. I’ve done a lot of reflection this week and I hope that you guys can too. What are going to be the consequences of the decisions that you are about to take? Who will they affect? Always remember that every decision has even eternal consequences, as I’m seeing here in the mission field.

Super funny experience today:  We did this hike on the mountain to some fresh water puddle things and a stream. It was really beautiful. We got to the water and the two native guys from Acambaro that were with us both took drinks from the water! “Don’t worry guys its fresh!! This is the cleanest water in Acambaro.” My comp steps forward to take a drink, puts his hand in the water, and plop a toad hops out by his foot! All I can see is my comp freaking out and spitting the water he had just put in his mouth all over the place. But yeah, some real fresh water we had there haha.

Hope everyone has a good week.


Elder Clifford


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.