Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week Fifty Three


Here is Elder Clifford celebrating his Hump Day last week by burning a shirt!!!!



Happy Monday!!!!

I hope that everyone is having a great week! Or well, had a great week.

But yeah, things didn’t quite go as planned last week, but I’m still keeping things positive. The baptism with Lilianna didn’t go through. We made it all the way up to the day of the baptism, and then she skipped out last minute. It was a really rough day at first. I got home and had to take some reflection time and relax a little bit. My conclusion has been something of a miracle for me. First off, I feel like I might just understand the way our Heavenly Father feels when we are disobedient to the commandments that He gives us a little better. I was disappointed that she didn’t take a decision that she admitted she knew was right. I was scared for her future progress, and have been constantly praying that she gets baptized before time runs out for her on this earth. But at the end of the day, I still love her as one of my sisters. At the end of the day, all I wanted was that she would have what was best for her. I’ve prayed every day for her protection and happiness. I’ve learned to love people I hardly even know in the mission. Companions, members, investigators, all these people. So yeah, if at some point in the week, you feel tempted to commit something you know is a sin, or do something dishonest, remember that it might be something that disappoints our Heavenly Father. But remember if in the past week by some chance you committed some type of error, that our Father only wants the best for you, and will accept you with open arms if you are willing to take a step forward and repent. He loves you no matter what you’ve done or who you were. The important thing is all about who we are becoming.

This week, I have focused my studies completely on Jesus Christ. I am amazed by Him and all that He did for us. It has certainly been amazing the progress that I’ve seen as I’ve tried to develop his attributes and tried to be more like him. I invite you all to learn more about Christ. If you’ve never read the New Testament I invite you to start to do so now.

Funny events... One time this week, this dude was trying to bum some money off of us, and we honestly didn’t have any money to spare, it was like a day or so before our reimbursements came in. This dude was pulling every one liner out of the book. “You don’t love poor people?” ”You guys aren’t disciples of Christ.” ” You can’t give me just 2 or 3 pesos?” We pulled our pockets out and showed him that we didn’t have any money!! He kept trying. I got kind of annoyed because I had an appointment and we were running late. “Look dude, take a look at my shoe and tell me if I have money or not!” (The front part of my shoe came apart so it looks like my shoe is a comedian) ((I just haven’t had time to fix it yet)) He looks down and his mouth falls open! “SORRY SORRY SORRY. Here man I don’t need any money, take some of my money”, and he pulls out a 50 peso bill. I just laughed and said I didn’t need his money and we shook his hand and walked away. But yeah. that happened.

And one time we ate chicken legs.

 Elder Duran loving his yummy lunch!!



Have a good week everyone. Don’t forget to smile.

Elder Clifford




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.