Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week Fifty One




Everything goes well here in Acambaro. I’m working my butt off so that we can get off to a good start again in the work aspect of everything. We have a baptism the eighth of August so I’m super excited to see how our investigator progresses until then. This week I was studying about a lot of things, but I focused a lot on chapters 1 and 10 of Preach my Gospel. I’m trying to better my personal interaction with all people, and as well understand my purpose a little better. I also want to use the attributes that we find in chapter 10 to teach other missionaries and members to understand the objective of missionary work. It’s been working very well. I recommend that you go there and study chapter 10 sometime and try to apply it to normal life.  They are great tips to be a better teacher, but they also make you a more friendly, likeable person if done correctly. I’ve really seemed to change and open up into the person I’ve always been but just been too shy to share with everyone.


I probably never mentioned but I have D&C 121, 34 to 46 memorized in Spanish. It’s helped a lot in my leadership. It’s something I’ve taken the time to reflect on this week. How can I have fun and still work hard. And honestly I figured by the end of my studies that this is the purpose of missionary work. We’re not here to work like machines. Machines work and work and work and work until they break. And after they break, they don’t work as well as they used to, you can fix it, but never perfectly. I don’t want to break. It was kind of a euphoria sort of realization for me this week, that I actually needed to relax a bit. I’ve been reading the gospel of Matthew and I noticed the same thing. That Jesus knew when to be serious, and he knew when to be not so serious. I kind of came to this conclusion Monday night or Tuesday morning. Almost as if God was trying to show me I had the right idea in mind, he gave me the opportunity to try it out Wednesday when I had companion interchanges with one of my best friends from the MTC! Heavenly Father has it figured out! We talked about this topic until around 3 in the morning.  So many missionaries are focused on working and working and working, but they never do it for the right reason.   We both have been talking about this for a long time, since the MTC when my comp tried to fight me.  How do you help someone see the purpose of missionary work? So we started planning. We've got some great ideas and we're going to start using them wherever we are assigned. Basically we just want a mission with happy spiritual missionaries, that know when to work, but also how to actually enjoy that work. So now this last week I've been trying to live the idea of it, and also teach it non verbally to my district. I can't exactly explain all of the idea very well, but I can say that if we do it well, we will reach personal conversion in every missionary in the mission. Our goal is to have the happiest, most spiritual mission in Mexico, then after Mexico, the world. I feel great. I can see great things in the future, and I'm ready for this last year.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.