Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week Forty Four




Happy Monday!

This week was a great week. Pretty much everything went as planned as well. I guess the theme of the week would have to do with goal setting and the achieving of goals. Last week was a great opportunity for me to learn the importance of really doing everything you can to achieve your goals. The last few weeks we haven’t really met our goals at all. We just kind of made plans and hoped that they would work out then we checked out how it all went at the end of the week. I feel like we do this a lot in real life as well. Like I used to say, hey I want a 4.0 this term when I was in high school and I’d work hard for a few days, then I’d kind of forget about the goal I made and return back to normal. If you really want to meet your goals you’re gonna have to have them filtered in your mind all day long. They are going to have to be specific, and you’re going to have to do something every day so that you can take one step closer to it. In the case of our companionship, we started making daily plans of what exactly we would do to make progress with that specific weekly goal. The next morning we would read them together, and throughout the day we did everything possible to bring to pass the plans we had. We achieved around half of our weekly goals and we saw some great results. I’m starting to see the importance of the numbers in missionary work. Don’t get me wrong here, missionary work is definitely not all about the numbers you call in on Sunday night, but I can see the connection now. If you can learn to recognize or if you make a habit of seeing each and every number as a specific person or specific name that you want to see spiritually progressing then you realize how much the "numbers" matter. As I started my mission I was so against the whole goal and tracking system of numbers, but I just didn’t understand how much it helps us to find the chosen children of our Father, and to give all of our efforts to help them return to him. I guess the application in real life would kind of be like setting goals with more plans to get them done. Or looking at the why of your goals. Asking yourself why you want to achieve x thing or other.

I’ve got a pretty funnyish experience this week if you’re into the whole misunderstanding Spanish thing that happens to me so often. We were crossing a bridge at around 8 ish one night and it was starting to get dark. You could see bats flying around in the air and everything and it was pretty cool. Well some little kid behind us starting yelling out " look mom, a murciĆ©lago!" I swung around in shock so I could see the lamborghini that I thought this kid was yelling about. I looked everywhere and nothing. What the heck I thought, I must be going crazy. All I could see were a bunch of bats flying around. Later when I got home I was flipping around in my dictionary and I totally learned that I have a smaller vocabulary then a 5 year old because murcielago means bat.  Yep.


Enjoy your week. Everyone be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.