Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Week Forty


Annual Mother's Day picture from our skype on Sunday


This week was great. Well, I’ve gotta admit that talking with my family was probably the highlight but still apart from that it was a good week. Things are going good here.

I’ve had a few different experiences this week that I feel would be worth sharing. First off, I guess I’ll share a funnish one. So Sunday afternoon the sister that was going to give us food for the day called us and asked if we would be able to come to her house to eat. I said sure thing sister, where do you live? Oh that’s the thing Elder, I live an hour away from Acambaro in this smallish pueblo. But thanks Elder see you in a bit and yeah she hung up on me real fast so I couldn’t think about what she just told me. Honestly, I had no idea where this place was. I pulled out my map and started looking like crazy because the appointment was for 3 and it was ten til 2 and she said it was far away. I finally found a name that kind of looked like the same. Tarandacuao. Alrighty then looks like we’ve got a random city to find then. We ran to the bus station and I asked like 50 people if they knew where this place was and they all told me they had never heard of it. Finally someone had the good will to tell me that they don’t call it by that name anymore, and pointed me in the right direction. I asked another guy and he told me the bus with the eagle on it. Well that’s just some amazingly specific information you gave me there dude, there are around 10 buses with eagles on them here. Fine one more person. I ask them and they just nod their head to a bus in front of us so I just give up with the whole asking thing and get on the bus. An hour later we are passing through this tiny little town and the conductor starts yelling out Taranda and I figure we’re in the right place. We get off and there’s the sister waiting for us. She just looks at me and says, Elder your 30 minutes late, did you get lost or something? You’ve been here before haven’t you? I just answered with nope first time and we went to lunch/dinner thing. It was pretty funny.

Spiritual wise I had a pretty great experience as well. Lately we’ve had problems finding new people to teach and no matter how hard I’ve tried I just can’t seem to find anyone. So Saturday after dinner, I felt this weird impression that I should fast and see what happened. Well I figured it must be worth it and gave it a shot. As is the law of the fast, within the next hour I was offered 3 free sodas and dinner from 2 different members, but I stayed firm and kept going with the fast. At the end of the first hour I felt an impression that we should go visit an older investigator. In my mind I was thinking, man what’s the point, there’s not gonna be any guy older than 18 there, there never has been and you need some guy older than 18 to enter her house, you can’t teach her so why go. I just went and knocked on the door anyways. This kid answers the door and the mom sees us and the biggest grin spreads over her face. I really needed you guys. Would you please talk with my son? He’s been having lots of issues recently and he’s really interested in finding out what God can do to help him. I didn’t even know she had a son. But yeah we taught this kid and we have another appointment tonight. Just goes to show that miracles can happen at any time.

That’s about all that happened this week. Hope everyone stays safe this week. Have a good one.

Elder Clifford


video



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.