Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Week Forty Two


Lunch one day. It was actually really good. Tacos de chicharon and beans. I think chicharon is called pork skin or something like that.


Happy Monday!!

Things are going great here in Acambaro. We just hit cambios today so it looks like I’m gonna go 6 more weeks here. The work is starting to pick up a little bit here as well. I had a lot of desire to change things around here so I just did a lot of praying and a lot of working and we’re starting to find new investigators. My companion and I are really starting to work better together as well. We had a few problems with our pride for a while but now we’ve set aside our differences and we have the spirit in our companionship again.

One of the great blessings I experienced this week was the opportunity to teach a new investigator who really has desires to learn more about the gospel. He walked up to us in church on Sunday and told us that he would like to start the lessons with us and we set an appointment. He’s gone to church around 3 or 4 times so we’ve just got to teach him like crazy.

Apart from that we had a pretty good week. We’re starting to enter the rain season over here so around half the days last week were crazy rainy. It’s kind of like Utah actually because you’ll be sitting there sweating in the heat and then out of nowhere it’s raining like crazy and yep. I’ve learned by now that I definitely always need to have a rain jacket or an umbrella with me because you literally have no idea when it’s going to hit.

Funny experiences... Friday night I had extreme cravings for a pizza and Dominos being our friendly neighbor, I decided to give them a call. I ate a whole pizza by myself no shame haha. Apart from that I have the most awesome convert in the world. She made us food one time this week and she made cheeseburgers. She said she figured that I would probably enjoy them so she made them. It was awesome.

All is well here. I’m going to focus my studies on the plan of salvation. There is an extreme amount of stuff to learn there.

Have awesome weeks.

Elder Clifford







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.