Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week Thirty Seven




A great few weeks here. Sorry I didn’t have very much time to write last week so I’ll cover everything.

Last Friday we had the ward talent show and a baptism. It was great because like 100 people went to the show and all of them went to the baptism as well. It was kind of crazy that every single person in the crowd went quiet when it was time for the ordinance.

This week I got my new companion, his name is Elder Lopez, he’s from Mexico City, and he’s really excited to get working here in Acambaro. We're going to work hard though and I'm gonna do my best to help him feel welcome and have success in his first area.

This week was a little bit crazy but it was enjoyable as well. To start off the week we made the 6 hour trip from Guadalajara to Acambaro. We started working as soon as we got in and we found a family to teach within the hour. They accepted the message that we shared with them pretty well and I’m excited to see how they progress.

We had lots of funny experiences this week but I’ll share one of the better ones. One night when we were getting ready to go to bed I picked up the keys to the apartment so I could go lock the door. When I got to the door my comp freaked out and was like “No, no, you can’t go, where are you going?” I guess he thought I was going to leave or something but I think the funniest part was the sheer panic that you could see on his face. Like, oh my gosh, my comp is going to leave me here alone in a city that I don’t know yet. I laughed for like an hour. It pretty much counted as my weekly exercise. But yeah that’s about all I can think of for this week.

Sorry about the pictures. For some reason they won’t download today. I have like 10 to send too.


Letters from siblings

I like to include these letters because sometimes we learn more about Elder Clifford's mission experiences from the brief exchanges between he and his siblings!!



Hello how was your week. Did you do anything fun? We won our soccer game 5-3 and I scored a goal. Do they do camp outs for the quorum? Are the farms there big? Our trampoline is bent from the wind. Have a good week.
Love Carter

Awesome job on the soccer game!! They are going to have a camp out this month. Yeah, there are some big farms here. I'm sure I'll have a good week.

Hi how are you?  I got first in all my dances again for my competition including my duet.  I'm still off track I'm getting a new prince able I don't now when though.  Are you doing anything interesting? Love Kapree 

  I guess my work is always interesting. I'm starting to have to translate words into English sometimes. I guess that's sort of interesting.

Hola, como estas? Estoy muy bien. Last week the game at highland got cancelled, so it was rescheduled to this wednesday, so we face cyprus on tuesday, highland on wednesday, and east on thursday. So far our team is 6 and 1 including preseason, 1 and 1 without. Kearns had 9 courts there, but the needed to be resurfaced badly. Most of them had cracks or dead spots in them. We ended up winning that game, so that's good. Well, see ya!

Cam

Awesome that you won your tennis game. If you work hard enough all of high school you're probably going to be able to play college or something. Keep working hard and enjoying school.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.