Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week Thirty Four


Not sure how but one time we locked ourselves in the house with the keys outside in the door.



The weeks pass by so fast sometimes. Let’s see what happened...

Did I already mention that we received a golden investigator this week?​ Last Sunday after services we saw this lady leaving the church that we had never seen before so we ran up and talked to her for a bit. We asked her if she was a member and she was like
“No no, my friend invited me to come around a month ago and I came. I knew that this was the right church for me from the minute I walked in. So I’ve been coming every week for the last month.”
“Oh are the sister missionaries visiting you?”
”No nobody has visited me.” 
“Where do you live?”
“Velasco.”
A minute of thinking from me and my comp…..
“Oh Zass, that’s in our area! Is it alright if we come by and visit you and your friend in like  2 hours?”
“Sure that would be fine.”
We went taught the restoration and she told us that her friend showed her the movie and told her she should pray to know if it’s true and that she had already prayed and that she knew it was true and she wanted to know how she could join the church.  Well needless to say we set a baptismal date and we’ve been by to visit her every day. Pretty amazing to see how we receive answers to prayers sometimes.

Anyways this week was crazy.  I gave like 3 or 4 priesthood blessings and I ordained someone to the office of a priest all on Saturday and Sunday. The first blessing was really awkward and clumsy because I wasn’t quite sure if I should talk in tu or usted and I was busy thinking about what to say and honestly I didn’t really listen for the spirit to help me out. I felt really nervous and everything so afterwards I took some time to think about how I would give a blessing if it was in English and how my dad used to give me blessings back home and  I lost all my nervousness about it. 2 hours later I was randomly asked by another sister to bless her sick mother in the hospital. We ran to the hospital and I started to get nervous again so while the nurse was fixing everything for the sick lady I went into the hall and said a prayer. Afterwards I felt calmed down and ready to do it so I went in and all the words came perfectly, and I didn’t have to think about what I should say and I didn’t worry about it either. It was a great experience.

That’s about all I’ve got for this week. Everybody have a good week and be safe and all that.



Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.