Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Week Twenty Six



Elder Clifford helping make lunch.



Not a lot happening this week.

We’re getting a lot of work done here but I always feel like I’ve got something more that I need to do. Probably a good thing I guess. We went searching the lists of less actives this week and we actually found a lot of people. We got 2 new investigators out of it too. 2 of the less actives we taught also went to church! It was a pretty great feeling.

Other than that life is good here. Here in this mission we have this thing we do every day called hablando con todos. We try to talk with as many people as we can everyday so that we can encounter new investigators in the future. I’m sure other missions are doing it actually because without it I don’t think that I would have half as many investigators as I have. But yeah we try to talk with at least 11 people a day so that we have a greater chance of running into someone who wants to hear the gospel. Not gonna lie to you...at first I hated it a ton. In my mind I was constantly saying ‘Man they can’t understand me what’s the use of talking to them?’ Then one day I just went for it and I got the persons contact information and it felt great. After that it’s never really gotten easier but I’ve gotten more used to it. It’s pretty fun too. Haha let’s just say you get to meet all types of people. Tons of normal looking people who are crazy and tons of crazy looking people who are normal. I have people trying to talk with me in their nonsense English at least 3 times a week because of it. Everybody wants to speak with the American in English. Feels weird too. It’s like hey, we live in Mexico, let’s speak Spanish. I’m proud of the so called Spanish I’m speaking. Sure it’s probably about the same on the gibberish scale as their English but hey I’m white man it’s okay. Either way I guess that’s one thing I’ve learned in my mission.

Going on 6 months this week!!! Not really that long but hey it’s acknowledgeable.
Go study the Sabbath day this week. I had a bible battle with some guy this week about the Sabbath being on Saturday versus Sunday. I guess I’ll call it a draw or maybe I won because he pretended he couldn’t understand me after I proved him wrong. But yeah. That happened. Cool stuff.


Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.