Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Week Twenty Nine




Elder Clifford and Elder Garcia



Hooooooola from a little cyber in Acambaro this extremely hot and sunny afternoon. I have a feeling there is a reason my last name is Clifford….. by the end of this week I am going to be burnt as red as that cartoon dog always was.

Anyways, let’s get down to business. The work here took a hit this week because Wednesday was Ash Wednesday. If you don’t know what it is look it up. The streets were extremely crazy on Wednesday. Probably should have expected it because there are 5 giant Catholic cathedrals in my area but yeah who would’ve thought that religious celebration would be a reason to get drunk and party.

If you want something to study this week I would recommend that you go to youtube and watch the video Missionary Work and the Atonement. I downloaded it back in the MTC and I have never regretted that decision. Amazing talks mixed together with dope background music. Just going to say it reminded me why we have hard times in the mission sometimes and how much harder I need to work because of what Christ sacrificed for us. Remember, if salvation was never easy for Him, how could it ever be easy for us? So I read that, I did a ton of study about Alma and the sons of Mosiah, and I also took a look at Abinadi. All of them suffered; were beat up, locked up in prison, hated, but they just kept on going. All of them had more success than you could ever imagine. The sons of Mosiah we all know, but I did a lot of thinking about Abinadi. He never even got to find out if the words he preached did anything for anyone in his life. He was burned to death before he got to see that. But you know what, he converted Alma of all people. Where would the world be if Alma had never been converted, if Abinadi had just given up, and said that the things he was teaching weren’t true so he could live. I could tell you that we wouldn’t have very much of the Book of Mormon we have today. I looked at that then I looked at my work. I’ve gotta preach to everyone, give my all every day and in every way. I’ve gotta work my hardest even if I’m not seeing a lot of success or having baptisms or any of that because eventually I am going to touch someone and that is going to mean everything for them. If I can change the life of just 1 person then my mission will be a success in my eyes. But yeah, I studied that more or less.

Funny experience....I’ve got nothing to be honest. I’ll have to try to have like 3 or 4 this week because I can’t really remember anything that funny from this week.

Have a good week


Elder Clifford


"This is a district activity on pday.  We cooked like 7 different kinds of meat together."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.