Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Week Twenty Eight





We found a lot of new investigators this week! It was a great experience really, but the hard part like always is getting them to go to church. Only one went this week but I’m not going to give up without a fight here. I’ll carry them on my back if I need to. Hopefully I won’t have to -  haha; some of them look pretty heavy.

But aside from that we worked really hard this week. I’m leaving it all on the field with this cambio, but man it can be really frustrating sometimes, when I’ve done all I can do and they don’t accept. But once again that’s part of the whole free agency thing. I’ll just keep doing my best I guess.

Other than that I don’t have very much to add. Oh, it was raining like crazy this week. 2 of the days we could hardly work because it was raining so hard, but it was still pretty fun.

My funny experience of the week... On one of the rainy days we were running back to the house in the rain, so as any other normal person would, I started playing this crazy epic Lord of the Rings music in my head while I was running and jumping over flooded parts of the street and sidewalk and all that. Well the music got crazy epic and I saw this little old lady in a big coat walking on the edge of the curb. She started to fall so I jumped into the flooded street without regard for anything and grabbed her before she totally slipped. Well, I guess my vision is failing because it wasn’t an old lady and she wasn’t falling. It was this drunk homeless guy walking a little crazy. He turns to me and just looks at me for a minute. And I was just sitting there frozen with fear not sure if he was gonna punch me or something. And he was just like: “Gracias por el abrazo amigo, yo lo necesitaba este”, and he just walked off like nothing happened. So yeah I gave a homeless guy a hug in the rain. I guess I’ll mark that one off my bucket list.

Have a good week everyone. Make good choices and all that.

Elder Clifford


Elder Clifford's Mom here, here is the translation of what Elder Clifford's hug recipient said in case you are like me and only hablo un poco de Espanol!!!  It makes such a difference when you know what he said.


"Gracias por el abrazo amigo, yo lo necesitaba este."

Translation


"Thanks for the hug friend, I needed this."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.