Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week Twenty Four


Elder Clifford leaving Industrial 2



Well so long to Industrial 2. I won’t really miss the area, but I will definitely miss the people there. I was transferred to an area called Acambaro. It’s on the farthest east part of my mission. It was a really beautiful ride over here, well apart from the fact that it took like 5 hours but yeah. I’m really excited to get to work in a new area and with a new companion. He seems really inspired so I know we are going to get a ton of work done.

My studies this week were really focused on the atonement. This is a really special topic. The fact that the savior suffered especially for me means a lot more to me now. It makes me a lot more willing to obey him and a lot more cautious as well because I’m constantly wondering if my decisions are going to be something that caused him pain.

Funny experience: This crazy drunk guy walked up to me in the street a few days ago. He was like “Hey ties!  Ties come here!” And I looked around checking to see if he was talking to someone else. “Guerro!  Ven!” Crap he’s talking to me. I said, “Hey what’s up man?”  He said, “Hey are you from the United States?”  So I said, “No man I’m from England.  Sorry.” Basically what I got from it is that my joking around actually saved me from some trouble!  He said that he thought I was from the United States and that he doesn’t like Americans but that I was alright since I’m not American. It wasn’t really anything bad just really funny because how drunk he was. And he just accepted my word for everything.

Sorry that’s all I have time for. Next week everything will make more sense.

Have a good week!! 

Elder Clifford


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.