Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Week Twenty Five




Greetings from Acambaro, Guanajuato!!!

Just finished my first week here and I have a feeling that I’m going to have a great time here. To start off I guess I’ll describe Acambaro. Well, I’ll try.  The new ward is awesome!! The bishop is awesome too. There are some really old buildings. Almost all of the roads are cobblestoneish stuff. Tons of Catholic cathedrals. Like the huge ones. Well, not that huge but they are pretty big. I mean if you know Mexico it’s not that surprising to hear that there are a bunch of Catholics here, but yeah in that aspect its normal here. "Sorry I don’t want to listen to you, I have a religion." Yeah yeah I already know, you’re Catholic, it’s alright. Also there are like a hundred million bakeries here. Actually, one of the members of our ward in our area owns this huge chain of bakeries. They give us free bread every few days so we’ve got that going for us. Every night I’ve been here I’ve had some type of bread with a glass of milk. I will be a fatty in no time. I like it a lot here. Really beautiful little town we’ve got here.

But yeah I guess I’ll get down to the whole spiritual or status of the work part of the message. We’ve got a baptism planned for two weeks from now. The mom has gone to church 8 times and the son has gone 4. We’re just waiting on the son to go one more time and we’re trying to make sure that they stay active if we end up baptizing them. I guess I’ll let you know how that goes but for now I guess I’ll keep positive with the thought that they are progressing. This week I thought a bit about family history. I mean I’m not the best example because I’ve never done it before and I’m not quite sure how to do it, but I feel like it would help people out to know about their ancestors and all that. I think it would also be pretty cool to learn about someone, prep their temple stuff and then go and actually do it for them. It’s not impossible to do that here, but it’s kind of impossible. First we would have to find an investigator who had the time or the interest but I think it would be a cool way to work with a recent convert or investigator who had the interest.

Funny story of the week is about the homeless guy I met. He was like “Hey guerro come here.”  And basically I’ve learned that whenever someone actually wants me to talk to them it’s probably not anything good. Then he’s like “Hey have you heard!! They are changing the name of the planet.” And I was like who’s changing the name of the planet. And he was like “Nevermind who.  They are going to call it Planet Basura.” And I was just like what?? “Why would they call it Planet Basura?” Then he went off on a rant half talking to himself about how we are destroying the planet and everything and we need to fix the world and all that or they’ll have to call it Planet Trash. So yeah, that happened.

But have a good week.

See ya. 

Bye.

Elder Clifford

Elder Clifford and Elder Garcia in a BREAD FIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.