Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week Nineteen


 (Pictures from Presidente and Hermana Camarillo from Elder Nelson's visit during the weekend.)


 
Greetings from Industrial 2!!!

Things are going great here!! I’ll start it all off talking about Christmas. It totally doesn’t feel like we’re coming up on Christmas or this is the Christmas season. I don’t know if it’s the lack of snow or because of some other reason but yeah. Either way I like the way that this Christmas feels. I’ve focused so much more on Christ and the true meaning of Christmas this year than any other year in my life. I don’t think I ever really thought about what Christmas really is before the mission.  But yeah, it’s probably like that for everyone.

Anyway things are going great as to the work. We set a couple new baptismal dates for January and we are really making some good progress with some of our investigators. Like I said before, if I could carry these guys to church I would haha. It’s like when I was in elementary, probably high school as well, and my mom would force me to go to school. Eventually they absorb what we teach them about church and the Sabbath day and why it’s actually important but usually they just say they understand then have other things that they need to do come Sunday. This week we should be holding the baptism for one of our investigators. She’s definitely ready. She’s already a member she just actually needs to be baptized and become a member and all that. But yeah it’s been really great to teach someone who is so eager and willing to learn and do all of the things that she is taught. She is so happy to follow the commandments and asks tons of good questions. Either way I’m crazy excited.

Funny experience of the week... totally had a dream in like half Spanish. Everyone in the dream was speaking English and I would answer in Spanish. I have no idea why but it was crazy funny and made no sense. Also I was making omelettes for breakfast this week and I just hear this screaming from Elder Escobar in the shower. I ran like the 2 steps that it takes to run across our house and was all freaked out and like dude what happened. And he opens the door and is just like, we ran out of hot water man. And he just slowly closes the door with one eye staring at me through the door the whole time. Kinda weird but really funny because I know the feeling.

We went to Tlaquepaque today and bought these huge burgers so I guess that was fun.  One time this dog followed us around for like 2 hours that was kind of funny. He would just wait outside of appointments for us and then keep following us.

Elder Nelson came and spoke to us this weekend.  He just kind of animated us and gave us some stuff to study in the Spanish guide for the scriptures, but it was good and funny. He looks dang good for being 90 years old! I want to be in that shape at 90!

But all is well here in Industrial. I’m hoping my baptism planned for Saturday actually happens. I’m praying and working hard for it. I know it’s going to happen but it will be hard to say the least. Either way this would be the best Christmas present I ever got.

Anyways, hope this week goes well for all of you. Remember to be member missionaries and all that and feed the missionaries if you can. Hopefully they appreciate food from members as much as I do. Well sometimes haha. But yeah see ya.

Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.