Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Week Eighteen




Greetings from Industrial!! So I didn’t have cambios this week!! Unfortunately Elder Sanchez did have cambios. It was so great to be trained by Elder Sanchez and I will forever be grateful for the example he has given me here in the mission. We did a lot of work here and while our companionship didn’t end up having very much tangible success, I still am grateful for everything we experienced together. Now onto my new comp. His name is Elder Escobar, he is from El Salvador. Haha I was joking around that at this rate I will go the whole two years without a comp from Mexico. But all is well here. He seems like a great missionary and I can’t wait to work with him for the next 6 weeks. He only has 3 transfers left in his mission so there’s a lot that I hope to learn from working with him. I’m a little tired because we were up till 1 in the morning packing and stuff and then I had to go to the bus terminal to pick up my new comp.

This week was really great for me. It was also a bit eye opening for me. The whole week I worked as hard as I could because I didn’t want to leave Industrial without a little bit of success or good memories. Towards the end of the week I realized the huge mistake I had made. I should have been working that hard for all 12 weeks that I had been here, but it was only the threat of transfers that really pushed me to work as hard as I could. Honestly, I don’t want that feeling again. Not once in my mission. I don’t want to look back on a transfer and say wow we really didn’t get very much done. So that was a really eye opening deal for me. Another thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve become a lot more direct of a person. I used to be afraid of talking to people but I learned really fast that I have to talk to people or they won’t progress. And it’s not only talking with them but it’s also voicing what I want and saying everything that I need to say. This week was great though.

So Christmas down here is kinda the same except for the food they eat. They eat special foods and stuff like that. But yeah they do trees and some people do Christmas lights. One thing I’ve seen that is crazy is that people will wrap their entire front door in wrapping paper. I’ll take a picture next time I see it.

Now for the funny story:  Saturday night we were ending planning and I heard this thing run across the floor. I immediately knew that it was a mouse. So we stealthily began hunting it. We hatched an ingenious plan to kill it and then we set to work. Basically both of us ran around the house with brooms swinging everywhere trying to kill it. We finally got it when Elder Sanchez kicked it into a grocery bag and I hit it like a baseball. It flew across the room and smacked into the wall and then it died. But yeah that was my exercise for the week.

Hope all is well back at home or wherever you are and I hope things continue to go well. Have a good week.

Elder Clifford




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.