Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Week Thirteen





Woohoo over halfway through my training! This week just flew by.

I’ll start off with a spiritual experience I had. I don´t know if I’ve mentioned before, but there is a guy in my area who is a member of the church and is like 85 and blind. We bring him the sacrament every single week and talk with him. Well, this week when we came he told us that he doesn’t have much time left and we basically gathered that he is afraid of dying. And it’s true, you can tell just by looking at him over these past few weeks that he’s not doing so good. He’s in a lot of pain as well. So we taught him about the plan of salvation. It was a little rough at the beginning, I’m not going to lie. It’s so hard to tell someone that death is part of the plan of happiness when they could go at any day and they don’t want to go. It was really eye opening for me. Here I am bearing my testimony to this guy about life and death and I’d never really thought about what life or death really is. So I just said what I felt. I didn’t give him the line for line answers that I’d practiced for a while. I said Hermano, I don’t know anything compared to you about life, but I know it’s short, but what I do know without a doubt that every single day of my life is a gift from God. He could take any one of our lives at any minute. So I treasure it all. I try my best not to make mistakes but I mess up. But in the end I look back on everything I’ve done with a smile. I laugh at those moments I’ve had in my life that make me cringe. I laugh about the things I thought were so hard and were so bad back in the day because I’ve learned from it all. I said Hermano we just need to try our best to do what’s right while we are here and embrace death because it is the opportunity for us to start the next phase of the plan. Elder Sanchez took over and continued teaching the doctrine principles for the plan of salvation and then we ended the lesson. He asked if we would give him a blessing for his health. I think he wanted me to give him the blessing but I annointed instead. It was humbling, all of it. Here I was standing above a little blind man in a little shack like room with holes in the roof and a dirt floor beneath us. He depends completely on his son because he’s old and it hurts to move very much and he asked us to give him a blessing. What do we say? What are we supposed to ask our Heavenly Father to do? The following was the most spiritual experience I’ve had in my mission. Elder Sanchez stepped up, and started the blessing and as soon as he started the spirit filled the room. It didn’t matter what he said after that because I knew and the Hermano knew and everyone else in that room knew that everything was going to be okay no matter what the ending was. We ended and the Hermano thanked us and we left. I will never forget the peace I felt in that room.

Now to interrupt the spiritual stuff for my funny awesome experience of the week. So here in Mexico (at least my part of Mexico) these cars drive around with these speakers advertising different stuff they are selling. They all have the same songs and stuff and you come to memorize them pretty fast because they are constantly blaring all around us. Anyways I heard one of the pan cars coming around the corner and I turned to look because the pan cars never speed, they can’t afford to hit someone and harm their bread haha. Not really like that but the people here sometimes care more about their stuff then people.  Anyways he came flying around the corner and stopped right next to me and  I stopped to see what he had to say. He tilted down his sunglasses and just said “Hello my friend. You want bread?” and I shook my head and in Spanish he mumbled “No one ever does.”  haha. He sped off and we went on with our walking.

Have good weeks and stuff. Be safe and all that.


Elder Clifford
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.