Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week Sixteen


Let’s get down to business. 
This week was pretty awesome. Well most of it at least. To start off the week we had to have divisiones because they had a meeting thing for all the missionaries with leadership positions in the mission. This meant that the two missionaries training in my district, Elder Sanchez and Elder Ellis had to go. This left me and Elder Guzman here to try to figure out the whole missionary thing on our own. Elder Guzman only has like 4 weeks too so basically I was left in charge. It was certainly interesting to say the least. I had to take the lead with everything and had to call people and try to set appointments and stuff like that. Did I mention that it’s almost impossible for me to understand anything people say on the phone?!!  But it was all good. So the first day was the best stats that I’ve had here in Industrial. We had 5 lessons, set a new baptismal date, the works. I was really proud of us. Like hey, what’s up, the newbies can handle themselves. Then the second day came. No one answered the phone. No one answered the door. Of the appointments that we had set before, they all said no at the door or said they were just about to leave. So basically we walked around for hours looking for stuff to do. Kinda sucked but also taught me the importance of citas fijas.(Mom the translator to save the day!!  Setting appointments!!!) Without appointments we would probably experience this every day. Hallelujah for the missionary planning. But yeah after that we hit the end of the week and everything was all good. Not much progress with my investigators. It’s like I need to carry them to church or something. I would if I could haha. But yeah all is good with them. Entonces (translation: then) let’s see if I can think of anything funny that happened this week......, not really. It was just a normal week. Hopefully next week 2 funny things happen so I can write them both.
But yeah everybody do good things this week and enjoy Thanksgiving for me!!! Seriously eat a ton, maybe like double so I can feel it.

Love ya,

Elder Clifford





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.