Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Week Fourteen



(No pictures again this week.  This picture is from the day we dropped Elder Clifford off at the MTC.
Also known as The Day We Cried The Whole Way Home From Provo.)



What up though!!!  
Week………. whatever week it is.  
This week was pretty good. I committed like 5 people to baptism!! But 3 already dropped out so that kind of stinks but still!! It feels good when people say yes. Anyways, my first baptism is for the 29!! Send prayers towards our investigadores. They are really starting to get tempted by Satan now that they are starting to commit to stuff. But let’s see this week is a little different I guess. So me and Elder Sanchez stats wise are not doing so good right now. We don’t talk with very many people every day and we don’t teach enough lessons with members. The zls are furious but there’s nothing we can do about lessons con miembros really. We only have 3 active members in my entire area. Anyways, they are really mad. So this week we’re gonna see results!! 
It’s raining like crazy. My shoes are fine. Not really. I just wear whatever pair of the two I’ve chosen for the next year and a half. The other pair will wait to be used till one of these is destroyed. How often should I shine? I’ve been going every 4 weeks for now because they get unshiny like 10 minutes out the door in the dirt or rocks. 
The girls thing is hard here. I just get hit on all day long because I’m white or something and I just have to laugh and brush it off and not say anything. It’s really kind of awkward most of the time, but it’s all good I guess. 
We have 2 baptism commitments. One is for the 29 of November. It’s coming up. And it might actually happen!
Language isn’t much of a problem now. I’m trying to focus on actually getting the grammar down for now.
Food has good and bad day’s haha.
I love Mexico. I just wish in having more success. I visit these people every week and they all lie to us about their progress every week.  They say, “Yes I read. Yes I prayed. Yes I’ll go to church”. But no one ever does. We lost 2 investigators the week after we gave them boms. Satan is strong and he is real. We are working so hard right now and every night I’ll come home and pray as hard as I can for these people. I love them so much and I hardly know them, it’s so weird for me because I’ve never been a very loving person in that way. And now I just want the world for these people.
I’m so happy and ready to be a missionary. The other day I was saying I wasn’t receiving answers to prayers. Well, during sacrament meeting I was just sitting there and out of nowhere I felt crazy sleepy, like unnaturally sleepy. No this isn’t a joke haha like how all of us are always sleeping through sacrament lol. But no, I was crazy sleepy out of nowhere. I went to sleep and when I woke up it was the hardest I’ve ever felt the spirit ever. I felt so calm and everything. It was so intensely weird. I have no explanation for it. But right then I knew that I wanted to be a missionary. It all just hit me waking up from a nap in the middle of church. Amazing. So here I am. Ready to give my all to the Lord for the next two years.  
Love you all. I’ll include funny experiences next week haha. This week there were none. Well none I want to share haha.
Elder Clifford

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I will pray those baptism commitments stick!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.