Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Week Fifteen



(Yes, this is THE ONLY picture we got from Elder Clifford this week.  Yes, of a hand written sign. He didn't explain it at all.  With my limited one year of Spanish from my freshman year of High School, cough 30ish years cough ago, I think it says the following..... I'm sure my Spanish speaking friends will correct me....)

Turn off the boiler before you leave.

- The Holy Ghost




So this week was great!

We have a lot of work to do here in Industrial. We committed 11 new investigators to baptism!! Just imagine me doing an Irish jig or whatever in this little cyber here in Mexico, haha!! But anyways, it’s not really a big deal because like all of them will fall within the next two weeks. But hey, where is my faith right?? Anyways the work is going great here.

Spiritual experience... one of my investigators from my first week who we’ve been working with the whole time just lost his job. It’s really tough because this has happened to him constantly for the last few months. Anyways, he is super awesome and everything and somehow he always has work within one day. But moving on we were teaching him the plan of salvation again today because reasons and at the end when we committed him to baptism he started crying. He just said like he believes everything we share with him to be true and that he believes js was a true prophet and the bom is true and everything. This rocked!! Spirit was crazy strong!! Then after he proceeded to tell us that he doesn’t want to change his core beliefs because it’s what he grew up with. It was a bit confusing to be honest. We’ll keep working with him, but he is also set for the 20th. I really hope that he makes it there.

Crazy funny experience this week. So here I am walking in the road and this guy yells at me “Guerro!!” and I was like “Woah man, calm down, que tal?” He walks up, “Hey, do you have any money so I can go buy a beer?”  "What!!?? Dude, we’re missionaries we don’t have any money!" “Oh ok.” The whole time I was thinking like dude seriously?? You’re asking Christian missionaries to buy you beer!! It gets better!! I go “Bro, we don’t have any money, but we have a message we want to share with you.” Corny I know but it totally worked. In the same sentence I was like “Is there anything you want to change in your life?” He was like “Yeah, I want to stop drinking, and I also want to stop smoking marijuana.” At this point I notice that he totally has a joint in his hand!! haha I didn’t even notice until he pointed it out. But anyways we talked I took down his information and we're gonna go teach him this week. It was crazy funny though, believe me. Or not or whatever.

But anyway hope all is well with everything. Make good choices or whatever.


Elder Clifford


(Since Elder Clifford NEVER sends any pictures, I had to resort to blognapping pictures!!!  Just kidding, when I saw this picture with Elder Clifford in it on another Elder's blog I got permission from his mother to copy it.  Thank goodness!!!  It is old but I will take it!!!  I miss that cute face!!! Of course you can barely see him because he always hides in the back of all pictures, but THERE HE IS!!!  SMILING.  I know!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.