Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Bonus Letter


Bonus letters between Elder Clifford and his 9 year old cousin Lily


Oct. 12

Dear Colby,

   how are you doing? Is Mexico interesting? Hudson and Calvin say hi. Since Hudson wants a 
email address he says " I have a email address! it is(their phone number)!" Or " my email address is
5 10 5!" Hudson can be REALLY funny sometimes. I hope your'e doing good on your
mission!

                       your cousin,

                                         Lily

p.s. do they have  and  in  ? (if that's not the right flag, correct me.) :-)


I'm doing good thanks for asking. Mexico is really interesting, one thing that is interesting is that every person on every street, well almost, owns a store in front or inside of their house. They all sell fruit and random stuff like that. They have burgers and that kind of stuff here but I haven't seen it yet, I think its in the big city but I am not sure. The flag is the green red and white one with a cactus and an eagle on it.
elder clifford


Oct. 26

Hi. Post is weird in Mexico. My mom told me that if you send a package you have to put stickers of the Virgin Mary on it so they won't open it because it's "sacred". Did you ever learn to play piano when you were a kid? I've been playing ever since I was six and i'm still playing today.
Lily in  :-)


Yeah I learned more or less how to play piano. I am better at guitar but I can read the notes for piano. Yeah I have no idea how post works to Mexico. I hear a lot about the Virgin Mary here. When kids in the streets see us they yell viva la virgin. Not quite sure why to be honest but its pretty funny.


Nov. 9

Hola amigo. I'm pretty sure viva la virgin means ether missionary or virgin Mary. if it means virgin Mary then it's pretty funny that they call you Virgin Mary.
                       sincerely,
                                     Lily


They mean the Virgin Mary. It's funny because everyone asks if we worship the virgin and then we have to explain that we respect her but we don't worship her. It's really different in Mexico I guess.
elder clifford.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.