Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Week Twelve


(Elder Clifford last week at 5 week training meeting. 
Thank goodness his good Mission President and his sweet wife post pictures,
because Elder Clifford NEVER SENDS ANY!!!)
So Spanish is starting to kickoff for me. I’m not really good yet, but I understand almost everything in the right conditions. l am starting to think random words in Spanish haha. Like instead of with I’ll use con in my mind and all of the little words are going straight Spanish now.  I’m becoming Mexican!!!
I was pranked last night for cambios (transfers). The zone leaders called at 9 o’clock, the time when they call if you have a transfer. And everyone has been telling me this week that they just know that I am going to transfer out of the 12 week training early because they think I am ready. Anyways they called me and said some random zone and companion and I was just like what the heck. I didn’t say anything because I was so shocked that I would actually be changed in the middle of my training haha. Anyways he was like Elder Clifford wake up your dreaming haha and then we laughed and hung up the phone. It was pretty dang funny.
So here in Mexico, the big celebrations are happening on the night of Halloween, and then on Sunday is Dia del  Muertos. Not sure that we will actually be celebrating that haha, but I proselyte Sundays so I will see a great deal of crazy stuff.  I don’t know if I’ll have to come in early on Friday night but I might. They’ll let us know.
All of the members are asking me to take over for the English class in the ward but we don’t have time haha. So I just tell them that I will trade a food appointment for a mini English lesson.
I’m fine in all aspects of food. They have so much random food here that I dont need to cook, but if I want to cook there are options.
I have two new investigators with baptismal dates!! It’s so awesome!! Not sure if they will actually make it but with God all things are possible.
We had a run in with a la cran this week. It’s like a baby scorpion. Anyways, we were sitting in front of our investigators house and it ran down Elder Sanchez’ shoulder from off the wall. I seriously thought that it was going to sting him!! But it didn’t and everything was okay and we killed it like 10 times.
I love you guys. Hope your week is good. Mine was. And this week will be too. I love Mexico and the people are awesome and I’m learning so much.
I love you guys so much.
Elder Clifford
(I googled a la cran and this picture came up.  Yikes!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.