Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week Five






Alright, this is it.

I'm headed to Mexico on Monday. Honestly this last week nothing memorable has happened. I don't have any stories or anything. My flight leaves for Phoenix from SLC at 7:10. I leave the MTC at 3:30 am and wait around at the airport for like an hour or so I think.  We get one carry on so that’s cool I guess. I fly from Phoenix at 9:00 (I land around 7:45) and will be in Mexico at around 2:00. It kinda sucks though because they made me the travel leader so I basically have to make sure no one does anything stupid and I have to find everything and call when we have problems.

Other than that I don't have much else to say. I'm super excited to get to start my mission. I know that I'm going to have a great mission and that this is the one for me.

I love you guys and hope everything is going well at home.  I have not committed any shenanigans this week. Maybe next week.

 This is Elder Clifford’s mom, I was possibly stalking my computer ‘just in case’ I could be there when he emailed.  I emailed him back right away to see if he was still there, the following is an excerpt from our email conversation: 

Mom: Hello!  Are you there?  Do you need me to send you anything?

His reply:

I have no need for anything. I have too much food. I’m going to give it to the newbies. They all worship me like and treat me like I'm older than them, but I’m like the youngest person in the MTC. Seriously top 50. 

Mom:  Are you going to have a tie trade or are you banned from it for life now?

His reply:

They put me on the MTC's most wanted after they caught me, so now there’s this security guard who follows me around and makes sure I don’t trade ties. Yeah, we'll have a trade on Sunday night. Everyone wants my ties, but I want my ties too so I guess I'm going to have to think long and hard about what ties I can deal with trading for. Everyone in the entire zone has been fighting over my fish tie that I randomly brought with me, but it's grown on me so I might keep it.

Mom:  NO!!!!!!!  Not the fish tie!!!  Don’t trade the fish tie!!  That one is special from Dad!

His reply:

Which ones am I not allowed to trade? I have a general idea, but I’d still like to know.

Mom:

Well, he mentioned that one specifically that he hoped you didn't trade it, I will ask him.  You trade what you want to though, they are your ties.  :) 

His reply:

I’ll choose my ties wisely. Also, I'm not gonna lie to you I am getting fat. Putting on suit pants is a struggle. Oh, also one of my shirts got a hole from the washing machine and I sewed it back up so I’m pretty cool. 

Mom:

I’m glad you gained weight!!  It's good to gain weight in case you get sick, you have something to lose.  Hopefully you don't get sick, all these years of Rancherito's iffy meats should have hardened your stomach by now hopefully!!! 

His reply:

I haven’t puked any of the times I played soccer, what are the odds.  So I think I have a dang strong stomach.

Mom:

I hope you have a strong stomach!! I love you, this has been awesome for me talking back and forth with you Col.  It really has.

His reply:
I have to go. I love you. Hear you on Monday.


So happy I was able to 'talk' to Elder Clifford today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.