Elder Clifford is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.










E a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mexico Guadalajara East from August of 2014 to July of 2016.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Week Eight



Elder Clifford and his Dad a week before he reported to the MTC.
No pictures this week, the computer he was using was too slow to upload pictures.


This week was better but it was still just as crazy. I can’t remember everything that happened in it right now so I’ll just write the things I remember the most.

Can’t remember the names but the sketchiest thing I ate this week was this taco of cesos or sesos or something. Its cow brains or something but I didn’t know till after.   

I had my first couple of lessons this week, but I don’t really have any investigators yet. We have one but I forgot the guy’s name so I don’t think he counts. Anyways, yeah, it’s a lot easier for me to teach the lessons then talk to people for some reason. I can understand a lot of what people are saying now, but if there is background noise than I am done. I must freak people out because I’m concentrating so hard on trying to understand what they are saying that I am just staring at them long after they are done talking. Oh that reminds me, people here really must not see white people very often because everywhere I go they stare at me. I can’t look anywhere without making accidental eye contact with someone and then they look away or give me a dirty look. It’s kinda funny actually. Some people will straight up stand on top of me when I am on the bus and pretend I am not there but every time I look somewhere they check to see what I’m doing. Little kids are the best. They shamelessly stare at me for like 30 minutes straight and then kinda freeze up when I look back at them. They’ll say something and I’ll go huh and then they’ll mumble. Pretty much everyone does that to me actually haha.

Crazy experience of the week would have to have been when we were visiting Antiguo, can’t remember how its spelled, investigadores and this guy let us into his house shack thing. He went off on us because he liked the church and was attending one day but came ten minutes late and they shut the doors on him and wouldn’t let him in because they were eating lunch. We were confused for a second and realized that they had closed the doors for sacrament. We explained the sacrament to him but it still took a solid 30 minutes to make him believe us. Later in the lesson he lit up a cigarette while we were talking to him and blew the smoke in my face and then asked me if I “speakey espanish” kind of like you hear the Chinese people in the movies. I just shook my head and waited for the lesson to be over.

Overall this week was pretty good. We moved into our new apartment today, but I don’t know where we are sleeping yet. We don’t have beds so I might be sleeping on the concrete floor.   My new area is awesome. Where I used to live was kinda ghetto, but could have been worse. It’s rained a lot. I don’t know about beds, the mission is figuring it out. We’ll probably have them tomorrow at the latest.     

We are in the Jardins de Castillo I think. It’s a pretty nice neighborhood. I used to live in Agaves. I’m safe. My comp is nice.  We don’t have time for fun because there’s been so much work to do. We are pretty much re opening an area but technically not. Before there weren’t enough Elders for our area so they kind of neglected it but taught a few investigators every once in a while. We are visiting old ones and have a few appointments for this week.
All I usually have to eat every day is lunch. I’m buying breakfast and dinner stuff this week. I’ll have way more time now that I don’t have to ride a bus for 3 and a half hours a day. Members are nice, but they are a little poor. So I feel bad eating their food but I eat a bunch anyways because I am hungry from all of the walking.
It’s all good though because for some reason the stomach bugs have left me alone and I haven’t gotten sick yet. I’m probably the luckiest white guy in Guad.

Adios,

Elder Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.